Product DescriptionQuantumZERO USB 3.1 to SATA Adapter allows you to connect any 2.5” SATA HDD/SSD to your computer through USB 3.1 interface for faster data transfer. Now move/backup data quickly and easily with the USB 3.1 to SATA adapter.
- Supports all 2.5" SATA I, II, III HDD/SSD of any capacity
- Support SATA III (6Gbps) / SATA II (3Gbps) / SATA I (1.5Gbps)
- Incorporated with ASMedia ASM1153E chipset for best performance and wider compatibility.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.1 support data transfer rates up to 5 Gbps (actual rate depend on drive specifications and computer USB host controller)
- UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) support for even faster drive data transfer performance, up to 20%, (UASP requires UASP capable host controller and OS).
- Easy installation, no tools or drivers required
- LED indicates power status and operation
- High-speed encryption and decryption processing provides throughput without impairing the speed performance of standard HDD
- Supports Hot Swap, Plug and Play, Backward compatible with USB 2.0, 1.1 at their native speed
The USB 3.0 to SATA adapter supports super-fast USB 3.0 data transfer rates to ensure maximum data transfer speeds. (The actual transmission rate depends on USB host controller and HDD / SSD drive specifications up to 3Gbps.) Connect the product to a USB 3.0 port on your computer to achieve maximum transfer speed. The USB 3.0 standard specifies that port connectors will be blue, so it’s easy to identify them. Several variables could affect the USB transfer rate - drive specifications and computer USB host controller. With all the reasonable usage environments considered USB 3.0 can achieve average transfer speeds about 3 times faster than that of USB 2.0. Microsoft Windows systems should install latest manufacturer USB 3.0 host controller drivers and Windows Updates for best results. Apple Mac OS X latest operating system updates for best compatibility. The product, however, is backward compatible with USB 2.0, USB 1.1 so you can use the product with any USB-capable computer, and have it work at full function, just at their native speeds.
Consider it is normal for the hard disk exterior to reach up to 50 ⁰C in temperature during use.
The following Seagate SATA drive models may require a firmware upgrade, downloadable from the Seagate official site, before use: ST3000DM001/9YN166/3TB ST2500DM001/9YN16L/2.5TB ST2000DM001/9YN164/2TB ST1000DM003/9YN162/1TB ST500DM005
Please always follow safe ejection procedure to prevent data corruption. Click the ‘Eject’ icon from the tool list at the lower corner of the computer screen. Select ‘delete HDD safely’. You may now safely unplug the adapter.
- QuantumZERO USB 3.1 to SATA Adapter
- Welcome Guide