Products USB SATA Adapters HDD Enclosures QuantumZERO QZ-HD03 USB 3.0 2.5” HDD/SSD External Enclosure
Product DescriptionThe QuantumZERO™ USB 3.0 2.5” HDD/SSD External Enclosure made of light, durable - 2mm thick anodized aluminum alloy material - offers 360⁰ protection to your hard drives. The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and eSATA interface offer faster data transfer rates.
- Supports 9.5 mm, 12.5 mm 2.5” SATA I, II, III HDD, SSD
- Incorporated with ASMedia ASM1153E chipset for best performance and wider compatibility.
- Super slim, light weight, durable anodized aluminum alloy material - 360⁰ protection to your hard drive
- Tool-free easy HDD/SSD installation
- Soft solid blue and flashing red LEDs indicate idle and data transfer
- Choose you interface - USB 3.0/eSATA: USB 3.0 supports data transfer rates up to 5 Gbps (actual rate depend on drive specifications and computer USB host controller), eSATA transfer rates upto 3 Gbps
- Powered by Y-shaped data cable with two USB plugs
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0, 1.1 at their native speed
- Supports Hot Swap, Plug and Play
- The eSATA cable only serves data transfer, will not power hard disk. For large data transfer, please connect the USB 2.0 plug to your computer to ensure sufficient power supply.
- Connect the product to a USB 3.0 port on your computer to achieve maximum transfer speed. The USB 3.0 standard specifies that port connectors will be blue, so it’s easy to identify them. The USB 3.0 transfer rate is 5Gbps. Several variables could affect the USB transfer rate - drive specifications and computer USB host controller. With all the reasonable usage environments considered USB 3.0 can achieve average transfer speeds about 3 times faster than that of USB 2.0. Microsoft Windows systems should install latest manufacturer USB 3.0 host controller drivers and Windows Updates for best results. Apple Mac OS X latest operating system updates for best compatibility. The product, however, is backward compatible with USB 2.0, USB 1.1 so you can use the product with any USB-capable computer, and have it work at full function, just at their native speeds - USB 2.0 Hi-Speed devices (rates up to 480Mbps), and USB 1.1 Full/Low Speed devices (rates 12/1.5 Mbps)
- Consider it is normal for the hard disk exterior to reach up to 50 ⁰C in temperature during use.
- The following Seagate SATA drive models may require a firmware upgrade, downloadable from the Seagate official site, before use: ST3000DM001/9YN166/3TB ST2500DM001/9YN16L/2.5TB ST2000DM001/9YN164/2TB ST1000DM003/9YN162/1TB ST500DM005
- QuantumZERO™ USB 3.0 2.5” HDD/SSD External Enclosure
- Y-shaped USB (USB 3.0 type B to USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 type A) data/power cable
- eSATA Cable
- Welcome Guide